| About the Author |
Blue Beach Song is a collective term for my artistic expressions, including my writings, songs, photography & designs, all of which reflect the prism through which I see and experience my world. As an artist, I hope you will find a slice of your life reflected in them or explore the opportunity to see things from a different perspective.
AS A WRITER:
I am an opinionated, but informed, writer & blogger, who explores issues with humor and intelligence; as well as, a creative poet and author, who draws from my life stories, emotional journeys, and the world I see.
AS A SONGWRITER:
My songs are like personal journals, expressing my own, yet universal, emotional journeys and life stories. At the heart of my music are lyrics, melody and raw emotion. The recordings are simple, acoustic, one-takes. And, as you will hear, there is a lot I have yet to learn about sound recording or sound engineering, or singing, for that matter. (I am a work in progress.)
AS A PHOTOGRAPHER:
I am a photographer who sees photographs as equally artistic and powerful, able to inspire and inform. A photograph can capture a moment in our lives or snatch a fraction of a second of an ordinary event and make it extraordinary. A photograph can find beauty in the banal. We can hold photographs, study them, be moved by them, and travel back in time with them. That is real power, which is real art.
The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.
If you like what you see, you may also want to check out my Zazzle shops for products you can buy, customize, and personalize: Blue Beach Song Creations, Photography by Martie Hevia, and Love & Hate by Blue Beach Song.
Finally, if you wish to listen to my songs, you can listen to them for free on my musician’s page on SoundCloud at BlueBeachSong. If you wish to buy any of the songs or albums, please go to my music page on Amazon.com.
Whether it’s the writing, the songs, the photography, or the designs, I hope you enjoy your time exploring and discovering the many facets of BLUE BEACH SONG™.
All my best,
-Martie Hevia | Blue Beach Song
Martie Hevia (c) All Rights Reserved
Favorite Quotes About Art, Music, Photography
- All art is autobiographical. The pearl is the oyster’s autobiography. ~Federico Fellini
- Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Pablo Picasso
- The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance. ~Aristotle
- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. ~Scott Adams
- To be an artist is to believe in life. ~Henry Moore
- When I say artist, I mean the one who is building things… some with a brush, some with a shovel, some choose a pen. ~Jackson Pollock
- The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
- Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. ~Leonardo da Vinci
- What art offers is space – a certain breathing room for the spirit. ~John Updike
- A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art. ~Paul Cezanne
- The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live. ~Auguste Rodin
- No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. ~Oscar Wilde
- Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable. ~George Bernard Shaw
- A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss
- And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- He who sings scares away his woes. ~Cervantes
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~Maya Angelou
- Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker
- Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. -Plato
- Music is the universal language of mankind. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo
- Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory. ~Oscar Wilde
- Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate. ~Arnold Bennett
- It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. ~Albert Einstein
- You don’t take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams
- The camera is much more than a recording apparatus, it is a medium via which messages reach us from another world. ~Orson Welles
- To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. ~Elliott Erwitt
- Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man. ~Edward Steichen
- I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost – that is important. ~Jacques-Henri Lartigue
- You don’t make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved. ~Ansel Adams
- The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web. ~Pablo Picasso
- I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. ~Albert Einstein
- Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. ~Thomas Merton
- There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. ~Vincent van Gogh
- Creativity takes courage. ~Henri Matisse
- If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud. ~Émile Zola
- Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. ~Pablo Picasso
Email Blue Beach Song